Base paint

So sprayed the turtle base with white from the side and above with my airbrush.  Threw some splotches of dark and light green cheapo paint on the base, then gave the whole thing a thick coating of Agrax Earthshade.  I was going to drybrush it with a light brown, but I kind of like how it looks now.  Painted the fish with various contrast paints.  Still some work to do there, but kind of getting close.  Also put more Skeleton Horde on the saddle.  It will need a drybrush to lighten it up a bit.  I add the drummer just to add another element to the picture.



Comments

  1. Would you consider adding a pattern to the turtle's shell as if they painted it on?

    That's the only dissatisfaction I have - that the broad expanse of the shell is a single colour, even though there are dark and light contrast shading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the sentiment, but probably not. I have been thinking about many ways that I could improve the turtle, especially the shell, but with what is still left for me to paint, and being out of town the week before K-con, has me leaning towards accepting it how it is. Totally agree though, the shell is a bit of a wasteland atthe moment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shark Week DISASTER!

Row, row, row